Thursday, December 13, 2012

We're Engaged!

     December 9, 2012 turned out to be a very momentous day in both the Massoth and Ruggiero families...John proposed! He took me hiking at Rose Valley Falls where we had hiked before even being a couple and asked me to marry him under a tree canopy that I love so much (it's very "Beauty and the Beast").  Before taking one knee he presented me with a travel Bible (suitable for our many adventures) in which he had written a heartfelt note. What a sweet and thoughtful guy (not to mention patient, but that story is for another day)!  Anyway, after confirming that he had indeed asked my dad's permission (while I was in Peru - so sneaky), I said "yes" and the rest is history!  The evening concluded with a trip to my parents' house where we celebrated with my family, even though we didn't arrive until 11pm.  Needless to say, this week has been both exciting and exhausting, and I am going to bed.  I'll have to fill in the details in another post, but here are some pictures to mark the occasion.

Technically a reenactment, but it still captures the scene :-).








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jennifer and John! What an exciting time this is for you two. Many blessings for you both as you prepare for the sacrament of marriage! We couldn't be happier for you both!!! What a very special Christmas it will be this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just looking at these beautiful pictures with happy smiling faces again! your ring is just gorgeous jennifer!! you both look so happy :) love it! congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete